Gilbert Meher are proud to work with a well- known care and education company in their search for a head teacher in the South West region.
The group are a specialist provider of residential care for children and young People with a range of Complex Needs. We are currently recruiting for an experienced and ambitious Executive Head Teacher for a multi- site role within the Taunton area, for Children and Young People with complex learning disabilities.
Furthermore, these include ASD, SEMH, ADHD and Attachment Difficulties, therefore experience in this area is essential. The role will build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders, other professionals, parents and carers. As well as developing and mentoring staff teams, recognising any training requirements to maintain high-performance ratings.
The successful person will be expected to lead on the school’s improvement plans and lead the day to day running of the two residential schools. You will be passionate and highly motivated to achieve the best outcomes for the young people who join the school and have the vision to create an outstanding centre of education. In addition, you will have had leadership experience in a special school setting and preferably be a specialist in a core subject.
The successful candidate must have;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire.
- A strategic vision that ensures progress and success.
- A strong commitment to ensure safeguarding is fully integrated into all aspects of school life.
- The ability to build positive relationships with all stakeholders including the local community.
- Experience of a residential school setting, OFSTED inspections and multi-disciplinary working.
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Minimum of 5 years’ teaching experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ leadership and management experience
- Awareness of all relevant government initiatives
- Knowledge and experience of current good practice and development in SEN (Special Educational Needs)
This role is to start as soon as possible but no later than September 2017.
If you fit the above criteria and would like the opportunity to join this outstanding organisation please send a copy of your CV to Jorden Herendi for further information.