Gilbert Meher are working with a well respected Science and Technology company in there search for an Account Manager. Previous experience within scientific research, medical or industrial environment is an advantage.
We are looking for someone who:
• Will be an enthusiastic and professional Account Manager to present and promote products to the highest standard.
• Is customer and performance focused, delivering first class service with integrity and positivity.
• Can work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Can organise and manage one’s time diligently between customer visits, administration and other role-critical tasks.
• Will work closely with management to agree and achieve our key account strategy and targets.
• Will continuously strive for development and ensure their knowledge of our portfolio of products is second to none.
• The territory is primarily covering the Postcodes – M, LS, HD, HX and BD areas, although from time to time you may be required to cover other areas to ensure the company’s business needs are met.
• The role involves a high level of travel to customer locations within your territory and may involve travel throughout the UK.
• The need for overnight stays may be required.
The successful candidate will:
• Achieve annual sales targets and objectives.
• Manage and grow an existing sales base and develop new customer relationships.
• Arrange appointments, follow-up on quotes, samples and leads.
• Strategically identify and conduct key account analysis, create and develop plans to maintain existing business and gather intelligence for new opportunities.
• Meet with customers to present and demonstrate the products and lead generation, initiate and communicate proposals relevant to customer needs and use negotiation skills to achieve a successful sale.
• Create and maintain records within our internal CRM system to assist with customer contact traceability, initiating proposals and customer specific information.
• To present and contribute to internal and external meetings.
• Prepare information as needed for customer meetings and discussions with management.
• Respond to customer enquiries promptly, liaising with internal support to assist where necessary.
• Support business initiation, representing the company at mini exhibitions.
• Adhere to sales and organisational policies and ensure deadlines are met.
• Maintain customer Price Lists.
• Work closely with sales managers to develop proposals and set customer pricing and report sales performance.
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive package with on-target earning plus commission.
• Progressive holiday allowance; up to 25 days, plus 8 bank holidays and 3-day Christmas closure.
• Company car.
• Private health care and health cash plan.
• Generous pension scheme.
• Internet contribution.
• Laptop, iPad, iPhone and additional supportive equipment.
• Fantastic training and continuous development opportunities.
Successful job holders must have a science degree (preferably in Biological Sciences) or equivalent level of attainment. Knowledge of techniques such as Molecular Biology, Tissue Culture and Liquid Handling is very important. You must have a Full UK Driving Licence and Eligibility to Work in the UK. We are looking for a dynamic, personable and self-motivated individual with good organisational skills. In addition, an important prerequisite is the desire to work hard and succeed in a competitive market.