Our client is a well-established and fast-growing distributor of specialist products for life science research. We work as the UK distributor for over 50, mostly international, manufacturers of reagents and instruments that are used by researchers working in academic and industrial labs.
As part of our strategy for growth over the coming years we are committed to providing the highest levels of service and support to our customers in order to make them aware of recent technological innovations and help them select the best products for their application.
To strengthen our capabilities in this area, we are now looking to recruit an Account Manager for the Cambridge and East Anglia area of the UK to visit and consultatively sell both reagents and instruments to our customers in this area. The Cambridge territory includes the Universities of Cambridge and East Anglia, as well as a host of commercial accounts.
- Consultative selling to generate and progress opportunities
- Management of opportunities
- Selling both reagent and instrument product lines
- Demonstration of instruments
- Work with our Inside Sales team to maximise effectiveness on territory
- Assist with appointment generation, opportunity management, and lead generation
- Support from Instruments and Reagent teams for demonstrations and technical support
CRM system use
- Log relevant information into salesforce.com CRM
- Update customer details and interest areas
- Generate and manage opportunities and quotes
Skills and Experience Required
- A life sciences degree,
- Enthusiasm for new research technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for selling and customer service
- High level of self-motivation
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate and implement activities effectively
- Full driving licence
- A program of initial technical and account management training will be given, followed by ongoing guidance and training to provide technical knowledge and support the sales process.