Gilbert Meher are delighted to be working with an innovative provider of education and care for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
We’re currently looking for a Business Development Manager to take responsibility for building and maintaining our customer relationships and the growth of services across the North region.
Your role is pivotal to ensure that we are considered the provider of choice to support children, young people and adults with special needs in the North area.
As the BDM you’ll take responsibility for developing new opportunities and maximising existing partnerships to ensure that our services are considered part of the local offer.
The key to this role will be your ability to form and build positive relationships and a deep sense of trust with funders and influencers and wide range of stakeholders within local authorities and Clinical Commissioning Groups.
Equally; you’ll collaborate with Principals, Marketing, Placement Managers and other key staff to ensure you can truly understand and represent our current services and future provisions.
Naturally; you’ll work to a set of clear KPIs and targets and be expected to provide regular reports on progress.
The role will give you a great opportunity to identifying new funding streams, entry into new markets and to build unique customer relationships.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- The ability to forge and develop strong commercial relationships.
- Extensive experience of working in the care and/or education sector.
- Experience of statutory funding in children’s and/or adult services.
- Understanding of special educational needs and disability in children and young people/adults.
- Confident negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to represent the organisation at all levels, including national, regional and local government level.
- Able to travel extensively within the North (including some overnight stay).