Gilbert Meher is proud to be have been exclusively retained by a hugely respected Charity in their search for a new Chief Financial Officer.
As one of the leading Housing and Care providers across the North of England, this Charity has grown considerably over the years and now provides a range of services including residential homes, supported living, domiciliary care and supported housing. This allows the Charity to help hundreds of people who may have suffered with mental health, have a learning disability or have experienced homelessness to regain their independence.
It’s an exciting yet challenging time for the Charity as they look to continue their expansion across the region and deliver personalised care for more and more people.
As the Charity looks to continue on their journey to be the leading provider of Care and Support in the North of England, the appointment of the new CFO is going to be pivotal in helping the Charity achieve its goals.
The new CFO will be the financial strategic lead within the Charity and will work closely with the CEO and the rest of the senior management team in delivering the five year strategic plan.
The post requires an inspirational leader who can not only demonstrate expert financial knowledge but also have a big passion for the sector.
- Work with the CEO in providing leadership and direction in the development of a broad range of activities in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Ensure the organisation maximises its financial performance across every department and service provision.
- Manage the finance services with a high level of customer focus and support managers with service development.
- Drive a high quality and performing culture responsive to Board of Trustees’ needs.
- Overview of systems and processes with a keen eye for continuous development and improvements to increase efficiencies throughout the Charity.
- To advise department/unit managers on financial matters including budget preparation and guidance as appropriate.
- To support service managers in the preparation of bids and contract negotiations.
- Previously held a substantial Finance Director/CFO position.
- Knowledge of the Health & Social Care or Housing markets (highly desirable).
- A proven track record of leading, empowering, supporting and motivating successful teams.
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications.