An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the fastest growing provider of Specialist Mental Health Care in the UK. Led by a senior management team that individually have at least 20 years’ experience in Mental Health, this organisation brings a unique approach to the delivery of care. Their passion for delivering exceptional standards is demonstrated by the groups CQC reports with the majority or their Hospitals and Care Centre’s achieving a “Good” or “Outstanding” rating. Their Mission is to become Europe’s “go to” provider of Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, Neurological care and Children’s Education Services with “putting patients first” is the most important core value that drives the business towards this goal. This forward-thinking organisation now requires an experienced Clinical Psychologist to join a 30 bed Mental health hospital on the Welsh/Shropshire boarder.
You will provide Clinical Psychological assessments and treatment to adults with severe and enduring Mental Health disorders. You will provide both direct clinical input and work in a systemic way with the residential teams. You would also offer supervision, consultation, teaching and clinical leadership within the multidisciplinary setting to Trainee psychologists and assistant Psychologists as and when necessary. You will formulate and implement plans for psychological therapy and/or management of the patient’s mental health based upon a comprehensive conceptualisation of the presenting difficulties, employing methods based upon evidence of efficacy whilst maintaining a flexible approach in considering what will best meet the individual’s needs. You will manage your own caseload, exercising autonomous professional responsibility for the assessment, treatment and discharge of clients whose difficulties are managed within a psychological framework.
- You will be educated to a degree level in clinical psychology, including two or more distinct psychological therapies.
- You will be an experienced Senior Clinical Psychology Professional with a minimum of 12 months Psychology experience ideally in an in-patient setting.
- You will have an excellent track record of working autonomously managing a case load and have extensive knowledge of using complex methods of Assessment, intervention, treatment and management.
- You will have exceptional communication skills orally and in writing and possess the ability to organise time effectively.
- You will be comfortable using your own initiative and be able to work under supervision where appropriate.
- You will have sound knowledge of legislation in relation to the Mental Health Act.
- You will hold a registered status with the HCPC
- You will ideally have experience of working within a secure environment.