Clinical Psychologist – CAMHS (Band 8A or Band 7 Preceptorship level)
Gilbert Meher are delighted to be working in partnership with one of the fastest growing specialist care providers in the UK. They have almost doubled in size over the last few years with very ambitious growth plans for future. This exciting organisation provide exceptional and bespoke 24/7 wrap around CAMHS support packages for young people and residential care teams. They now have over 10 Residential homes in the North West with a focus on Tier 4 inpatient and managing transitions from hospitals and secure settings into the community. This highly specialised organisation put young people at the heart of their care packages and support young people with Mental health problems in the transition to adulthood up to the age of 25.
This exciting organisation is now looking to recruit an experienced band 8A Clinical Psychologist to provide Clinical Psychological assessments and treatment to young people with severe and enduring Mental Health disorders. You will provide both direct clinical input and work in a systemic way with the residential teams. You would also offer supervision, consultation, teaching and clinical leadership within the multidisciplinary setting to Trainee psychologists and assistant Psychologists as and when necessary. You will formulate and implement plans for psychological therapy and/or management of the young person’s mental health based upon a comprehensive conceptualisation of the presenting difficulties, employing methods based upon evidence of efficacy whilst maintaining a flexible approach in considering what will best meet the individual’s needs. You will manage your own caseload, exercising autonomous professional responsibility for the assessment, treatment and discharge of clients whose difficulties are managed within a psychological framework.
- You will be educated to a degree level in clinical psychology, including two or more distinct psychological therapies.
- You will be an experienced Senior Clinical Psychology Professional with a minimum of 12 months Psychology experience ideally in an in-patient setting.
- You will have an excellent track record of working autonomously managing a case load and have extensive knowledge of using complex methods of Assessment, intervention, treatment and management.
- You will have exceptional communication skills orally and in writing and possess the ability to organise time effectively.
- You will be comfortable using your own initiative and be able to work under supervision where appropriate.
- You will have sound knowledge of legislation in relation to the Mental Health Act.
- You will hold a registered status with the HCPC
- You will ideally have experience of working within a CAMHS, PICU, PD, forensic or rehab setting.