Gilbert Meher is currently working with one of the fastest growing care providers in the UK. They now have more than 30 Neuro-Disability and Mental Health Nursing homes nationwide and have ambitious plans to double in size over the next 5-10 years.
The company are going through an exciting time of continued growth and expansion and now they have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Commissioning Director to take the lead in the commissioning and management of a new 30-bed service. When complete each home will provide care for adults with a range of complex needs including neuro-disabilities, learning disabilities and autism, mental ill-health, dementia, brain injury and stroke.
As the Commissioning Director, you will spearhead the new development and take full responsibility for getting a selected home fully up and running from managing the build through to recruitment and management of all staff. You will then be expected to remain at the new home for a minimum of 12 months and be accountable for the day to day running and leadership of the home. It is your responsibility to ensure service users receive the highest quality of care, living by the values of making every day better than the last. You will pro-actively coach your team and will be dedicated to driving CQC standards to ensure quality. You will also work closely with the Operations Manager in driving key business objectives.
We are looking for a Manager that has a background specialising in services that cater for complex needs, who has a proven track record in achieving outcomes for service users and who can lead and develop our new service to be a beacon of excellence.
We are looking for an inspirational leader who can develop an inspiring team in the delivery of high-quality care and service in this newly established unit. You should be able to balance being ‘on the floor’ with the staff and service users with your managerial role. The ideal candidate will have a kind, friendly and very approachable personality and most importantly have a passion for quality care. You will be responsible for promoting outstanding delivery across the home whilst maintaining and exceeding care.
You will have a hands-on approach to leadership, supported by an experienced Operations and Quality team, enabling you to drive standards to support the future ‘Outstanding’ CQC rating that our service users deserve. You will also be financially minded being fully accountable for the homes P&L report, continuous reviewing cost saving whilst providing and ensuring excellent quality care to the service users.
- Exceptional New build commissioning experience is essential for this role
- You must have a proven track record of commissioning new services from new build right the way through to the successful running of the home.
- Extensive leadership and management experience within complex residential care, either in the community or in-patient settings.
- Ideally, you will be Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- You will have previously been registered with the CQC as a manager of a healthcare service, and knowledge of the guidelines by which such services would be measured.
- Track record of effective budget management for a given healthcare service.
- Experience recruiting, interviewing and hiring prospective employees in a healthcare setting.
If you are interested in applying fot his role, please sumbit your CV at the bottom of this page.