Gilbert Meher are working in partnership with one of the largest Healthcare providers in the UK. They have been at the forefront of Mental Health specialized care for over 30 years and remains one of the most well-respected companies in the sector. This organization sets the standard in Mental Health Care and strives for excellence in all areas. The company core values are ”Patients First” and “Excellent Care” and this is reflected in the regular outstanding CQC reports that their hospitals often achieve. They now require a Consultant Psychiatrist in Neuro/ABI to cover two 8 bedded specialist rehabilitation services in Nottinghamshire.
Both 8 bed specialist rehabilitation services are for adult males with an acquired brain injury (ABI). Typically, the service users will have an acquired brain injury as a result of an accident or a stroke leading to frontal lobe damage which may derive from hereditary and sporadic conditions such as Huntington’s disease. Their person-centred and ABI programme aims to reduce risk, maximise independence, improve quality of life and, where possible, help those affected to recover to the best of their ability.
•Work effectively and co-operatively with the multidisciplinary team to deliver a specialist service
•Full medical responsibility for patients across the service
•Provide a leadership and mentor approach to assist specialist staff to ensure a person-centred environment
•Streamline and manage the admissions and discharges for the most efficient use of beds at the hospital
•Be responsible for the supervision of reports for Mental Health Act Tribunals and managers’ hearings and would be expected to attend hearings whenever possible
•Lead the implementation of risk assessment, risk management and to embed clinical governance within the hospital
•Have overall responsibility of patient treatment plans, whilst liaising with the multidisciplinary team
•Participate in the East Midlands on-call Rota which is 1 in every 6 weekends
• Full GMC Registration
• Recent experience at a senior level in Neuropsychiatry or within General Adult Psychiatry with a passion to develop your career within a Neuro / ABI setting
• Relevant experience within a similar setting and working with adults aged 18+
• Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act
• MRCPsych or equivalent
• Ability to work alongside and lead a multidisciplinary team
• In-depth knowledge of Mental Health Legislation
• Knowledge of risk assessment and risk management principles
• Proven record of Continued Professional Development
• Excellent communication skills.