Data Protection Officer
Based Codsall, West Mids
Full-time, contract role for maternity cover
Salary up to £45k
Gilbert Meher are proud to be working with a leading, high-end, elderly care provider to source maternity cover for this crucial role in Data Protection. An established and growing business, this company has a national presence with elderly care homes in all areas of the UK.
- To act as an independent advisor on the compliance with data protection legislation.
- To ensure that a suite of data protection policies is available to all team members.
- To raise the profile of the company’s information governance agenda within the business.
- To develop and deliver a tiered information governance training package for the business
- To develop and undertake a programme of audits both internally and externally with key third party data processors to provide the company with assurance of its own and its partner’s information governance compliance.
- To act as a point of contact with the Information Commissioner’s Office and Jersey Information Commissioners Office
- To act as a first point of contact for all data subjects within the business whose data is processed
- To advise on and monitor the requirement for and completion of Data Privacy Impact Assessments.
- To prioritise and focus on the most risky data processing activities undertaken in the business, in particular in relation to special category data.
Governance & Compliance
- To play the key role in the co-ordination and delivery of governance and quality across the business, ensuring implementation of the company’s governance and quality agenda, including the risk management and assurance strategy.
- To ensure there is a robust governance and quality framework within the company which ensures that systems for learning and improvement are in place, effective and are being monitored.
- To co-ordinate the company’s response to all requirements of external accreditation, inspection and review, ensuring an ongoing process of self-assessment is undertaken and evidence is routinely collated.
- To co-ordinate a live, up to date and dynamic risk register, which reflects the risks faced by the company in delivery of its key objectives.
- In conjunction with the Director of Care, to be the point of contact for governance within the company.
- To play a key role in developing systems and processes to monitor key performance indicators in line with the governance and quality agenda including co-ordination and compilation of data including trending reports and analysis of information aligned to the risk management strategy.
- To work flexibly in order to deliver the governance and assurance agenda and to offer support to other colleagues around the provision of data relating to this.
- To support the leadership team and regional managers to ensure that governance and risk management are fully integrated into the company’s strategic priorities.
This position is based in the West Midlands with national travel as required.