We are delighted to be working exclusively with one of the top Care providers in the UK, Scotland and the Channel Islands.
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Deputy Manager with the exciting opportunity to work within a beautiful, medium sized home in Buxton This role offers not only the chance to work with the UK’s leading provider but also offers an excellent salary.
- Be responsible for monitoring standards of care delivered by qualified and unqualified care staff by observation and direct involvement, ensuring that all residents receive quality individualised care and that care plans are fully maintained.
- Supporting the Home Manager in the implementation of all policies, procedures and business objectives.
- Preparing the staff duty rota to ensure appropriate staffing levels and skill mix at all times.
- Instructing staff in safe systems of work, fire safety and evacuation procedures, and induction of new staff.
- Be responsible for monitoring the state of wellbeing of each resident, being aware of any change impacting on care and care plans, updating to reflect new needs.
- Acting as a focal point for contact with residents, their relatives and visitors, as well as health and social care professionals involved in their wellbeing, acting upon requests and ensuring concerns or complaints are dealt with appropriately.
- Liaising with the Home Manager across the range of operational activity to be able to assume responsibility for managing the Home during the manager’s scheduled and unscheduled absences, including marketing of the Home to existing and potential residents and relatives.
Home is set in its own impressive grounds in the Peak District spa town of Buxton. The home is close to shops, amenities and public transport. The Tudor style house, which has been sympathetically converted with a purpose-built extension, provides residential, nursing, respite, and palliative care.
Accommodation at the home is provided in single occupancy rooms, some of which have en-suite facilities. Some rooms are spacious enough for sharing. All residents have their own room some with en-suite facilities, and are able to meet and socialise in one of the three large lounges, each with its own charming character with many of the original features.
The home has tranquil gardens where residents may sit outside in the warm weather. An activities organiser helps in meeting the social care needs of all residents. Shopping trips and day trips to the vast Derbyshire countryside scenery are organised with the home’s minibus that has been adapted to take wheelchairs.
Role: Deputy home manager
Hours:= 40 hour contract
Salary: £45,000 p/a
The ideal candidate for this position MUST have:
- An active registration with NMC;
- Be driven and motivated to provide excellent levels of care and to lead a team;
- Be nurse qualified ideally RGN with relevant care home experience;
- Possess strong leadership qualities;
- Have good knowledge of CQC standards;
- The ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with external care professionals, families and visitors;
- Promote ownership of care programmes by fully involving service users and their families in developing, agreeing and evaluating care programmes within the home;
- Eligibility to work within the U.K
- Market Leading Salary
- Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare etc
- Paid continuous development
- Childcare vouchers
- Discount at numerous high street retailers
- Vehicle benefits – including breakdown cover, servicing discounts etc.