I’m delighted to be working exclusively with one of the top care providers in Scotland, currently looking to appoint a registered nurse for a beautiful and fully compliant 40 bedded care home in Aberdeen. This is a fantastic opportunity for a nurse to join a caring, fun and forward thinking business who put the residents’ happiness and health at the heart of their values.
Role: Day Nurse; Luxury Care Home
Hours: 33 hours p/w
Situated in Aberdeen’s West End AB15, close to the city centre, local amenities and transport links.
My client currently operates in excess of 70 care homes, providing leading care services to their residents. They are already the 5th largest provider in the UK, with aspirations to develop further over the next three years. The company is investing £25m into their homes to refurb them to a luxury standard, to turn them into contemporary and comfortable places to live and work. They are also investing heavily into the professional development of their staff, and have created a number of industry leading training programmes, making this a really exciting time to join. The company aspire to provide their employees with a truly rewarding opportunity to proactively shape the company culture and influence the development of the business.
The care home is looking for a professional, creative and energetic candidate to join their friendly and passionate team, who is committed to work towards a joint goal of providing outstanding care to help those who you care for to love every day.
To succeed, you will be able to multi-task in a high pressure environment with care and compassion. You must be passionate about offering superior services and want to make a difference and add real value to both residents, families and staff alike.
- Responsible for ensuring optimum levels of care are delivered to service users at all times, by undertaking accurate assessments and planning of care, delivery and ongoing evaluations of care plans
- Commit to acting in line with the NMC code of professional conduct and maintaining registration requirements
- Carrying out nursing tasks including distribution of medication, wound care, catheterisation, tube feeding and management of chronic medical conditions
- Maintaining effective communications with residents, relatives and other members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure that appropriate information is shared to maintain a holistic approach to residents needs
- Responsible for the overall management and supervision of staff within the care team, ensuring all tasks are completed in line with their job roles in an efficient and effective way
- Provide support and guidance to all staff
- Observing and carrying out appropriate handovers to ensure the detail and accuracy of service user information is being provided
- Valid and active NMC PIN number
- Willing to undergo a PVG check
The company believe that their staff are at the heart of their achievements and future vision, and as such, rewarding commitment and long service is important to them. All employees are entitled to the following benefits and incentives.
- Competitive salaries and generous holiday allowance
- Ongoing personal development plan and career progression; there is a huge potential for growth within the company; for proactive and innovative individuals to flourish and develop
- Team meal offering
- Free uniform
- High street discount vouchers
- NEST workplace pension contributions
Long service awards and vouchers