Deputy Nursing Manager
- Hours: Full time
- Salary: £45,000 (based on 4 shifts per week)
- Location: Hungerford Newton, Berkshire
Gilbert Meher are delighted to be working exclusively with one of the top Care providers in the UK, Scotland and the Channel Islands. The company looking to appoint a Deputy Nursing Manager for a beautiful and fully compliant home local in the Hungerford Newton area.
The client currently operates in excess 71 care homes, providing leading services in residential care and the development of specialist services for residents with higher dependency needs. This includes; nursing care for infirm elderly, respite care, step-up and step-down care, end-of-life care. In addition, the home provides an award-winning specialist dementia service that is studied internationally.
Furthermore, they invest heavily into the development of their employees. Their roles present unique opportunities to join caring, fun and forward thinking homes which are all in early stages of development. They are looking for professional, creative and energetic Nursing staff to join their friendly and passionate teams who all work towards the same goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the highest standards of person centered care are being delivered at all times by undertaking accurate assessment and planning of care, delivery and ongoing evaluation of the care plans. Observing and carrying out appropriate hand-overs to ensure the detail and accuracy of service user information being provided
- Carryout nursing tasks including distribution of medication, dressings, catheterisation, tube feeding and management of chronic medical conditions.
- Provide support and guidance to all staff, providing demonstrations and instructions of care activities, particularly in relation to the induction and mentoring of new staff.
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act and fire safety and evacuation procedures, demonstrating a working knowledge of COSHH assessments applicable in your area of work.
- Liaise with health and social care professionals involved in the wellbeing of individual residents to maintain a holistic approach to their care. As well as family members.
Experience Required for the Deputy Nursing Manager role
- Valid NMC PIN
- Update DBS check / willing to undergo a DBS check
- Minimum of 6 months’ experience in a Care Home with Vulnerable Adults or similar setting
- Working to the standards set by the Regulators and by external bodies
Additional Benefits for the Deputy Nursing Manager role
- Free parking
- Complementary meals
- Generous holiday allowance
- Exclusive discount scheme; supermarket savings, online cashback, highstreets vouchers, holiday discounts and more!
- Career Progression
- Personal Development Programmes
Finally, if you are interested in this role or would like a confidential discussion please apply for this role.
Alternatively, contact Corrie Keable directly.