Essential Criteria: Relevant Leadership/Headteacher qualification (such as NPQH) or a willingness to gain such a qualification.
Location: North West
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary: In line with Teachers’ Leadership Scale L15 – L19 (£56,434 – £62,262)
Gilbert Meher is delighted to be working with one of the most innovative providers of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
We’re currently looking for an experienced Headteacher in the North West
The school provides support for children aged 10-19 with a variety of social, emotional and mental health challenges. The learning environment and facilities here allow students to access a varied curriculum in a calm and nurturing environment and the team strives to give every student the confidence and opportunities to achieve their full potential.
As the new Headteacher you will provide vision, leadership and direction for our school to the highest professional standard whist maintaining its success and providing a high quality of education which reflects the companies visions and values.
Your role will ultimately be accountable for all areas of operational and educational performance within the School, as well as the financial performance and management of the school’s human resources.
Currently rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted; as the Headteacher you will be a key player in shaping the provision; driving our curriculum development and achieving the ‘Outstanding’ school that we aspire all of our schools to be.
To achieve this you will be someone who inspires creativity and collaboration, a strong leader and a passionate advocate for your students, finding ways to deliver educational outcomes that make a real difference to them.
It is an exciting time to be part of this ambitious group and this is a unique career opportunity to make your mark on our growing service.
Successful candidate are likely to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified Teacher Status with further professional qualification in a relevant area. Candidates with Headteacher qualification (such as NPQH) or a willingness to gain such a qualification preferred.
- Experience of working as a senior leader within an SEN environment
- A clear understanding of Ofsted frameworks and safeguarding legislation in relation to independent schools.
- The ability to effectively drive, maintain and provide focus to our SEF and SDP
- Quality assurance experience (such as lesson observations and performance management)
- Team management experience.
- Superb communication and stakeholder management skills