An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Director of Finance & Accounting, to join with a rapidly growing manufacturer of world-class surgical devices in their company headquarters in New York.
Primarily used in the areas of neurosurgery, orthopaedic surgery and plastic surgery, they are a recognized leader in advanced surgical devices space, operating in more than 50 countries worldwide.
- Handling all internal and external financial reporting, including reports required by lending institutions, SEC reporting, internal reporting and board reports.
- Carrying out monthly financial analysis.
- Work closely with the Controller to ensure that all financial transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Researching position papers on technical accounting issues.
- Management of external audit.
- Management of SOX controls, working with internal and external auditors to complete control testing.
- Preparation of SEC filings with Footnotes and MD&A documentation.
- Business modelling including 5-year plans, cash flow statements and debt vs. equity positions.
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- CPA essential
- BBA in Accounting/Finance, MBA preferred but not essential.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience, with a Public/Private mix.
- Experience with publicly traded companies is essential.
- Sound knowledge and experience with technical accounting issues, PCAOB requirements, GAAP and public filings.
- Well versed in developing and maintaining SOX controls.
- Strong SEC skills for writing 10-K’s and 10-Q’s.
- Proficient with Excel, and accounting software systems such as NetSuite.
- 401k, Life Insurance, Health, Dental, Vision
Please contact Abigail if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
Whilst we may not be able to respond personally to each applicant, we appreciate the time you have taken to consider and apply for a new role with us. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, then on this occasion your application has not been successful