Gilbert Meher are seeking candidates in multiple locations to serve as the primary technical field contact for a large number of genomics customers. The Field Applications Scientist is responsible for performing system usage trainings at customer sites, while providing experimental design, data analysis, logistical, and troubleshooting support for their region. The Field Applications Scientist will be a key contact in conjunction with in house Technical Support for responding to issues and maintaining relationships with customers. The primary goals of this position are to ensure rapid adoption and maximum customer success with the products.
- Perform as the technical account manager, acting as the point of contact between the customer and company.
- Keep customers apprised and trained on advancements in the technology and software.
- Coordinate and perform customer site trainings and demonstrations
- Identify, document and communicate customer complaints and concerns to management.
- Contribute to white papers and documentation with the goal of expanding support content.
- Scientifically partner with customers as they develop their research utilizing the technology.
- Engage in scientific discussions with customers to cultivate long term relationships
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with customers. Key, is the ability to manage expectations while exceeding the customer’s needs.
- Gather and deliver strategic and competitive customer feedback, communicating customer use cases beyond initial product scope to Marketing and Product Development teams.
- Troubleshoot issues related to user's technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software and instruments.
- Interpret customer needs and identify the proper issue escalation pathway within the business
- Support field sales team at trade shows, seminars and technical symposia. This will include presentations and networking with thought leaders.
- Ability to maintain composure in potentially stressful situations.
Desired Skills and Background:
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred; BA/BS with 5 years of experience, MS with 3 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics considered.
- 5 years lab experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, genomics or genetics.
- 3 years of hands-on experience with NGS workflows and data analysis software and/or sorting cytometry and associated analysis software.
- 2 years customer facing experience preferred.
- Hands on proficiency with common molecular biology bench techniques; cell culture experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge of genomics, biochemistry. Single cell laboratory experience is considered a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team towards corporate goals.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Outstanding presentation and training skills.
- Familiarity with SFDC software. Ability to maintain records for customer sites and provide high level feedback to management.
- Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Must be willing to travel up to 80%. Ability to manage a large territory.
Whilst we may not be able to respond personally to each applicant, we appreciate the time you have taken to consider and apply for a new role with us. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, then on this occasion your application has not been successful.