Gilbert Meher are exclusively partnered with a rapidly growing Molecular Diagnostics company who are developing Genomic Tests for the Oncology market throughout Diagnostics and Research applications.
This company is seeking an Internal Legal Counsel that will provide Senior Leadership with effective legal advice, including but not limited to: reviewing business critical contracting; counselling on divisional strategies; product implementation; compliance; and regulatory matters.
In a movement to bring the legal function in-house, this is a unique opportunity to join an early stage company in a role that will have significant impact on their commercial success. The incumbent will have an excellent legal background, alongside an innovative approach to problem solving as the key contact for all elements of legal advice and affairs.
- Ensure that the company conducts business in compliance with federal, state, local and international laws.
- Provide ongoing advice on a range of legal, regulatory and compliance matters as it relates to applicable science regulations.
- Will provide legal advice on acquisitions, joint ventures and other growth strategies.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various commercial contracts and agreements including partnerships with other Life Sciences companies.
- Anticipate and drive solutions for a range of legal and business issues.
- Work cross-functionally with Innovation, Research and Development, Sales, Partnership Management and Marketing to facilitate business transactions and manage legal compliance matters and requests.
- Staying up-to-date with changes to legislation in the diagnostics market.
- Operate independently, and be confident managing all legal matters, balancing different opinions and perspectives, and weighing risk to provide effective policy advice to the Executive Board.
- Must have 3-6 years’ experience working in a large Law Firm or 2 years’ experience working in a large Law Firm with 2 years’ experience working in a Life Science of Pharma company in a similar role.
- Must have a deep understanding of Contract Law and Intellectual Property in Merger and Acquisitions Law.
- A drive to work in a growing and dynamic environment preferred.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with a strong executive presence.
- Enthusiastic and independent, life-long learner with a strong work ethic.
This position is remote based within the US.
Whilst we may not be able to respond personally to each applicant, we appreciate the time you have taken to consider and apply for a new role with us. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, then on this occasion your application has not been successful.