Gilbert Meher are working in partnership with one of the largest private Mental Healthcare providers in the UK. They have been at the forefront of Mental Health specialized care for almost 40 years and remains one of the most well-respected companies in this field. This organization sets the standard in Mental Health Care and strives for excellence in all areas. The company core values are ”Patients First” and “Excellent Care” and this is reflected in the regular outstanding CQC reports that their hospitals often achieve. They now require a Medical Director to join their senior management team and oversee the medical services at 1 Hospital and 2 complex Care Centres in Surrey. These Hospitals are centres provides care and rehabilitation to Adults and Children who have complex needs, including acute mental illness, Addictions therapy and development issues.
Key Responsibilities of the Medical Director
- You will have full managerial responsibilities for Consultants that are employed within the hospitals.
- You will Work effectively and cooperatively with the multidisciplinary team to deliver a specialist service
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of Junior Doctors, Staff grade Psychiatrist and Consultants
- Oversee the management of multiple senior clinicians and take responsibility for the care of each service user assigned to them, providing expert assessments and specialist care advice to the MDTs
- Take responsibility for the recruitment of clinical professionals as and where necessary
- Work alongside the Hospital Director to maintain the quality of care provided at the respected Hospital and care centres.
- Provide a leadership and mentor approach to assist specialist staff to ensure a person-centred environment.
- Uphold and maintain the clinical standards of the Hospital and care centre whilst contributing expert and innovative advice on enhancing the clinical approach of the Hospital.
- In addition to the management responsibilities, you will carry a clinical caseload of inpatients. Additionally, will also run your own private outpatient clinics the Hospital.
Experience Required for the Medical Director Role
- Extensive managerial experience within a clinical capacity.
- Experience of private practice preferred, but not essential.
- You will need to hold Specialist Registration with the General Medical Council (GMC).
You MUST come from a Forensic Psychiatry background.
- Specialist experience within a secure forensic rehabilitation service would be greatly advantageous.
- Specialist experience with addictions would also be desirable but not essential.
- Specialist research areas of Mental Illness & Personality Disorder in a forensic environment.
If you fit the above criteria and would like the opportunity to join this outstanding organisation please contact: Ash Fitzgerald at Gilbert Meher for a confidential discussion.