As the Purchasing Agent, you will be a key member of the procurement team and will need to be strong team player with excellent communication skills. You will be organised and able to prioritise when necessary, being able to think on your feet when required and working with the team to resolve an issues that arise. The client is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and we welcome applications from everyone who meets the criteria. If you are you looking for your next step as a Purchasing Agent, this could be it.
As the Purchasing Agent you will be an active part of the procurement department, supporting the team in all purchasing and administration duties. Other responsibilities of the Purchasing Agent include;
- Raise purchase orders using the ERP/MRP system alongside internal processes to suit the demands of the business.
- Own and manage suppliers open order, schedules, contract, stock availability and expediting orders.
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships, negotiate on pricing and be able to source alternative products where necessary.
- Ensure all system/planning parameters are kept up to date.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders across the business on all aspects of supply chain activity.
The Purchasing Agent will be required to have a minimum of 12 months experience in a purchasing role and have a strong understanding of Procurement and Supply Chain with experience of ERP/MRP systems. The successful Purchasing Agent must have strong IT skills and computer literacy with Microsoft Office experience essential, particularly Excel and Outlook.
If you are interested in the position of Purchasing Agent, then do not hesitate to apply by contacting me directly on 07827324509
As a Purchasing Agent you will De an active Dart of the Drocurement aeDartment, su DDorting the team in all Durchasing ana aa ministration a uties.
Warning within a small team, you will De a key Daine of contact for Doth internal ana external sta xeholaers covering all Darts of the Durchasing Drocess Deg inning to ena, comDieting a var iety of tasks from Dlacing oraers throug h to exDea ining
Vou will also Droviae su DDort within the aeDartment to cover other team mem Ders in their a Dsence.
- Raise Durcnase oraers using the ERP/M RP syste m alongsiae internal Drocesses to suit the aemanas of the Dusiness.
- Own ana manage su DDlier s oDen oraers, schea ules, contracts, stock avail a Dility ana exDea ining of oraers.
- Esta Dlish ana maintain su DDlier relationshi Ds, negotiate on Dr icing, ana De a Dle to source alternative Droa ucts where necessary, ana ensure all system/Dlanning Darameters are keDt u D to a ate.
- Worn with internal ana external sta xeholaers across the Dusiness on all asDects of
su DDIy chain activity.
- Assist in any other aa min relates a uties rea uirea within the aeDartment, incl ua ing any stores, DI an ning ana accounts relates a uer ies.
- A minimu m of l2 months exDer ience in a Durchasing role or si milar, with a gooa unaerstana ing of Durch as ing ana su DDIy chain
- Gooa IT swills ana com Duter literacy, with Microsoft Office exDerience essential, Darticular Iy Excel ana Outlook.
- ExDerience of ER P/M R P systems
- ADility to De organises ana De a Dle to Dr ioritise vvorxloaa
- Excellent communicator
- Gooa analytical ana DroDlem solving swills
- Gooa aa ministration ana reDorting swills
- Forvvara thin ring ana Dro-active
- AT Ditious ana motivate a
- POlite ana Drofessional
- Be a goon tea m Dlayer
- Be a Dle to always reDresent the com Dany val ues.
Private & Confiaential V2 Last U pdatea: 18/OF/23