Registered Manager – 12 Bed Children’s Home
Gilbert Meher are working closely with a wonderful care and education provider in their search for an ambitious and passionate registered manager. The group specialise in care and educational services for children up to the age of 12.
They provide therapeutic support for children who have experienced severe trauma and have complex needs as a result. They help them to grow socially and emotionally and learn to cope with school and everyday life and help them wherever possible to return to families and day schools before they reach their teenage years.
You be required:
- To be responsible for shaping and delivering the residential home’s Statement of Purpose and managing a team to achieve the same.
- To manage a Residential Home and ensure the efficient operation of the service in accordance with the relevant legislation, procedures, policies and the Statement of Purpose for the home.
- To produce a development plan for the service that ensures the delivery of high quality, clinically informed practice.
- To work with other managers to ensure that all staff work together and with others towards meeting the emotional and physical needs of the children and planning for positive outcomes.
- To support staff to achieve the highest standards of care for the children placed within the home.
Benefits of the Role/ Company:
- A therapeutic children’s home for primary aged children only (aged 6-12)
- 33 days holiday per year
- Membership of a wellness centre/gym
- Small Family run business
- Clinical consultation/support
- Limited Financial responsibility
- Support of a Senior Management Team
- Admin support
- At least 3 years in depth, recent residential childcare experience working with young people with challenging behaviour.
- At least two years’ management experience. ideally gained in a residential working environment, including recruitment, training, managing performance, disciplinary interviews etc.
- Experience of working with OFSTED, and other regulatory bodies, frameworks and assessment standards and undertaking Regulation 44 and 45 reviews.
- Experience of handling conflict and managing sensitive issues to achieve positive outcomes Experience of managing budgets.
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (or equivalent if qualified before January 2011) (Essential).
For more information about this role, please contact Jorden at: Jorden.email@example.com or call 01134576608
Whilst we may not be able to respond personally to each applicant, we appreciate the time you have taken to consider and apply for a new role with us. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, then on this occasion your application has not been successful.