My client are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Scientist to join their discovery technology team. They are a research-based group primarily focused on bringing in new innovative technologies and platforms.
There are opportunities within the group to expand scientific skills into antibody expression, high throughput screening, binding and cell assays. Each member of the team has a set of projects of which they take ownership of and are expected to liaise with other parts of the organisation to deliver on platforms and technologies.
This a laboratory based role within molecular biology, working with a group of antibody engineers.
- Taking a scientific lead designing, developing and executing on well- defined projects
- Working to clear deadlines to identify key experiments to reach conclusions for your projects
- Working with cutting edge technologies to validate methods for transfer to other teams
- Responsible for being a project lead within discovery to support innovation across the organization
- You will be responsible for undertaking critical review of your work and your peers
Skills and Experience
- An excellent communicator as well as the ability to write well organized documents and reports for presentation.
- Proven experience in understanding and applying relevant scientific literature.
- Be willing to take on additional responsibilities to set up facilities.
- Previous working experience with antibody engineering is essential, particularly with bispecific antibodies
- Experience with the creation of antibody-fragment based libraries and panning with display technologies, particularly phage display.
- Good molecular biology skills for example; cloning, site directed mutagenesis, sequence analysis and vectorology are essential.
- Ability to design binding experiments to QC molecules though BIAcore, ELISA, Luminex and/or other similar platforms is highly desirable.
- Experience with high throughput screening and automation – particularly for antibody platforms is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of immune-oncology assays and immunology is desirable.
Education and Qualifications
Minimum MSc in a biological science/biochemistry discipline with >5 years industrial experience or a PhD with >3 years industrial experience.