Role: Senior Desktop Engineer
Location: N3, London
Industry: Health & Social Care
Salary: £180/day, 3-month contract with the potential to go permanent.
Gilbert Meher Search & Selection are working with a well-established care home provider to find a Senior Desktop Engineer. We are looking for an experienced Desktop Engineer to support the organisation’s computer users, reporting to the Head of IT. The chosen candidate will be self-motivated with proven technical expertise and excellent communication skills.
The key role responsibilities are:
- Provide 1st – 2nd line remote & face 2 face support.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot XP, Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2007, GSuite and any other authorised desktop applications.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware and any other authorised peripheral equipment.
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment.
- Performs remedial repairs on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment.
- Customise desktop hardware to meet user specifications and site standards.
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service any terminal service client, personal computers (PC) or notebooks that has authorised access to the network.
- When the restoration is beyond the scope of the computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment, escalate the issue/problem to proper tier 3 support team member.
- Develop trends by monitoring and analysing incoming calls, problems and support requests
Essential experience and skills
- Proven IT Support experience within a mid to large sized IT Department
- Professional, customer focused, diligent, an eye for detail and a consistent approach
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team depending on the nature of the work
- Customer facing exposure in a related role
- Wide breadth of knowledge on Desktop & network technologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Workstation, Active Directory
- Cloud implementation expertise
- Understanding of change management processes
- Knowledge of networking concepts (including subnets, TCPIP, DNS, firewall design and principals)
- IT Support Experience within a Health Care Organisation
- Experience migrating Desktops & User accounts as part of a company merger or acquisition
- Experience implementing Mobile Device Management technologies such as Airwatch
- Industry technical qualifications in Microsoft or networking will be advantageous
Gilbert Meher Search & Selection
Our approach is all about relationship building. We care about our Clients, Candidates and Employees. We are honest in our approach and we believe this is the only way to build strong lasting relationships. Gilbert Meher’s unique way of working combines a personalised tailored service with a foundation in Client and Customer Service. Our in-depth market sector knowledge and focused commitment to integrity and discretion enables us to deliver innovative placements that meet the needs of both Client and Candidate.