Role: Senior Project Engineer
Salary: $100,000+ annually
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Gilbert Meher Search and Selection are working in partnership with a startup implantable medical device developer and distributor who are looking to grow their highly professional and motivated team and develop an innovative platform of products to distribute through their existing distribution routes.
The successful senior project engineer will lead a cross-functional team of developers in establishing the requirements of the new product line, creating the product plan, and seeing the product right through to commercialisation. The team will consist of clinicians, marketing teams, quality, regulatory, and manufacturing bodies, and surgeons.
Key role objectives
- Project management
- Creating necessary documentation
- CAD modelling using Solidworks for complex assembly
- Ensuring manufacturing efficacy
- Design analysis, FEA, written calculations
- ASME Y14.5 manufacturing drawings
- Tolerance analysis on all interfacing devices
- Minimum 5 years in orthopedic product development
- GD&T and CAD trained
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Expertise in CAD
- Expertise in the fundamentals of mechanical principles
- Adaptive problem solver
- Strict attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Gilbert Meher Search & Selection
Our approach is all about relationship building. We care about our Clients, Candidates and Employees. We are honest in our approach and we believe this is the only way to build strong lasting relationships. Gilbert Meher’s unique way of working combines a personalised tailored service with a foundation in Client and Customer Service. Our in-depth market sector knowledge and focused commitment to integrity and discretion enable us to deliver innovative placements that meet the needs of both Client and Candidate.