Gilbert Meher are delighted to be working in partnership with a well-established specialist care provider. For many years they have provided specialist residential and homecare for the elderly and dementia patients from each of their residential homes in York, Hull and now Wiltshire. They have doubled in size over the last few years with very ambitious growth plans for the future specifically in mental health and complex care. They now require a Senior Support Worker to work in a 30 bed residential home in York.
As a Senior Support Worker you will support residents to live the best life possible through the provision of high quality safe care that meets every individual`s personal and social needs. You will work within a friendly team. You will be required to work some weekends and manage a small team of care assistants.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to develop a career within Health & Social care and we are looking for natural leaders to be the lead individual on shift.
A DBS check is required for this post and will be paid for by the organisation.
- The successful candidate for the Senior Support worker role will ideally have previous experience working with elderly people,
- Ideally you will have experience of dispensing medication and supervising Healthcare Assistants.
- It is essential you are a naturally caring and compassionate person who is resilient, confident and enjoys working with others, and is someone who has excellent communication skills.
- Candidates must also live within or be able to easily commute to York.
- Must have previous experience as a carer and be committed to working towards qualifications
- Caring mind set and be passionate about helping people
- Will need to be an outgoing, caring and empathetic person