The client provide customised laboratory chromatography solutions based on Agilent Technologies and CTC Analytics PAL instrumentation across The UK and Europe. Our expertise in multidimensional GCxGC, laboratory automation and turnkey gas analysers is constantly evolving through use of cutting edge analytical technology and techniques. We have very close relationships with our customers across a diverse range of industrial and research sectors.
Due to the need for expansion, they are currently seeking a Field Service Lead to join their team of talented staff. You will be involved with the installation and servicing of instrumentation and, with time and experience, development and construction of customised systems and software. You will also act as a technical link between the business and customers to maintain our high level of customer satisfaction. This is a home based role that will require frequent travel across the UK, Ireland and occasionally further overseas. A company car, laptop, phone and tools are provided as well as a generous pension scheme. You will also receive training on the Agilent Technologies platforms of instrumentation and software as required.
What are the responsibilities?
- Be responsible for servicing, installing, training customers to operate and provide technical support on the analytical solutions we deliver.
- Provide these services on and off site as required by the business.
- Work under your own initiative with minimal supervision whilst providing the highest levels of customer service possible.
- Troubleshoot difficult instrumentation problems and provide excellent communication with the business and customers whilst doing so.
- Willing to build sales knowledge to promote products, services and consumables during your duties.
- Provide input and ideas to help develop new applications and solutions.
- Assist with solution development or testing at one of our sites in Birmingham or Oxfordshire.
- Organise your own travel arrangements to complete your tasks (all business travel is expensed).
- Maintain your solid knowledge of relevant Agilent Technologies instrumentation and software portfolio through e-learning and other media.
Who are we looking for?
Experience with gas and liquid chromatography is preferred but not essential. Attitude and aptitude are the most important factors. The successful candidate will:
Enjoy problem solving and lateral thinking. Have a basic comprehension of laboratory analytical instrumentation. Naturally build strong relationships with customers and internal staff. Enjoy a high degree of variety in their job.
- Be self-motivated and poses a strong desire to continually learn and develop their skills.
- Successfully work alone but also as part of a small team.
- Hold a full driving license, valid passport and enjoy driving and travelling.
- Have strong organisational and communication skills.
- Be competent in using Microsoft Windows, Excel and other relevant Office software.
- Ideally have a scientific or engineering based degree level qualification.
- Preferably have experience with GC, GC/MS or other separation based technology.
- Basic electronics is an advantage.
If you are seeking a role with a high level of variation and want to have a voice in a creative and innovative organisation, you could be the person we are looking for!