Gilbert Meher is currently working with a mid-size US spinal implant company that is currently searching for a Sr. Proiect Engineer to join their team in California.
- Designs, develops and processes implants and instruments utilising Solidworks CAD software (3D).
- Leads the development of new products and manufacturing processes and/or serves as a member of a project team.
- Directs the development of working prototype models to be used for project design evaluation.
- Generates protocols for testing and analysing new and current products.
- Generates design assurance documentation for the project Design History File (DHF).
- Develops quality control procedures and inspection methods
- Initiates design changes relative to manufacturability while maintaining critical features of each product for in-house manufacturing or vendors
- Leads and/or serves on cross-functional product development teams responsible for new product development from concept through product launch.
- Provides technical input to marketing counterparts on the development of collateral marketing materials
- Provides technical expertise to marketing and sales as to the intent of design function.
- Provides technical experience to Regulatory Affairs to support FDA 510K submissions.
- Creates and processes Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with 3D CAD system, preferably Solidworks
- Experience with phase gate design control processes
- Demonstrated success in leading cross-functional product development teams from concept through product launch, including demonstrated planning, organizing and time management skills
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment, including knowledge of manufacturing methods, predominantly with metals and plastics
- Knowledge in the use and interpretation of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to senior management
This is an excellent opportunity to join a talented team that provides excellent career progression and the ability to make a large impact in the industry. Those without the necessary requirements need not apply