Gilbert Meher are currently working with a Molecular Diagnostics company that are revolutionising genomics technology for microbial identification. They are seeking a Business Development Specialist to pioneer the representation of their new products in the European market.
This is a unique opportunity to join the company as they transition to become commercially facing, representing a portfolio of products and services that aim to improve the way infections are diagnosed and treated. Reporting directly to the CEO, the incumbent will split their time between working in the field to develop new customer relationships, and working with senior leadership to influence the strategic direction of the product portfolio.
The successful individual should have previous experience representing NGS technology within the Infectious Disease space.
- Build and maintain strong client and customer relations throughout Clinical Microbiology, Public Health Labs, Reference Labs, Academia and Biotech.
- Drive sales growth and meet corporate goals by expanding sales and marketing techniques.
- The primary client contact, ensuring you have an in-depth understanding of the product portfolio so you can answer any questions.
- Represent the company in various, civic, academic, professional and industry functions to expand the business pipeline in Europe.
- Collaborate with the Managing Director and Senior team to adopt a business development strategy to ensure a long-term plan for corporate growth.
- Cross-functional input with colleagues and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant life science area. Graduate degree preferred.
- >5 years Sales, Business Development experience selling diagnostic equipment and medical devices, with NGS experience a strong preference.
- Demonstrated network within infectious disease and microbiology targets.
- An understanding of AI research in relation to DNA based diagnostics and therapeutics preferred.
- Experience working in a small/ start-up environment.
- Knowledge of international regulations regarding medical devices.
- Willingness to travel 30-50% of the time
Whilst we may not be able to respond personally to each applicant, we appreciate the time you have taken to consider and apply for a new role with us. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, then on this occasion your application has not been successful.