Gilbert Meher are currently working with an Outstanding Childrens provider who specialise in helping the most traumatised children and young people.
As a provider they are prepared for the most difficult of challenges and work with high acuity children who Local Authorities find the most difficult to place.
As Head of Care, you will be accountable for the direction and management of the home as well as focusing on continuous strategic planning for developments within the home.You will be responsible for:
As a successful applicant you will have:
- The management of the residential home, through strong leadership and direction of your team.
- Ensuring the highest quality of care.
- The unconditional positive regard for the young people in the home whilst setting clear boundaries and expectations, committing to the principle of ‘high warmth/ high control’ and sticking with difficult placements.
- Managing budgets
- Developing and sustaining effective relationships with external agencies, professional bodies and stakeholders.
- 3 years’ experience as a Registered Manager, having achieved an Ofsted rating of ‘good’ and / or ‘outstanding’.
- Managing Ofsted inspections to a minimum overall ‘good’ rating
- In depth knowledge of Quality Standards and Children’s homes regulations.
- Level 3 in Health & Social Care (Children & Young people)
- Level 5 in Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s Service or equivalent.
- Good understanding of BESD children including strategies used to manage challenging behaviour
If you have any questions regarding the role or if you would like a confidential chat, please feel free to call me on 07780 135996.