Gilbert Meher Ltd is proud to be working with an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
As part of their growth strategy; They are really pleased to be opening a brand new Secondary SEMH mixed school in September 2021 in South Gloucestershire
with a proposed capacity of 48 pupils.
As an exciting project based in the Science and Technology Park; They are currently looking for a Headteacher
to join them in Easter 2021 to take the lead in the creation, opening and running of another successful provision. The role:
The building is currently a shell; so you’ll be expected to play a key role in the design, look and feel of the school to ensure it fulfils its potential of an amazing learning environment with the facilities to allow students to access a varied curriculum in a calm and nurturing environment with a team that strives to give every student the confidence and opportunities to achieve.
Like all Headteacher roles; you will ultimately be accountable for all areas of operational and educational performance within the School, as well as the financial performance and management of education and support staff.
Unlike most Headteacher roles; you will you will be instrumental in the recruitment of your entire team (who all need to be in place by September 2021) and the design and implementation of a brand new curriculum.
The plan is to divide the building into 8 classrooms to enable the delivery an innovative curriculum. The school will also have a new multi-use games area.
To achieve in this role you will be someone who inspires creativity and collaboration, a strong leader and a passionate advocate for your students, finding ways to deliver educational outcomes that make a real difference to them.
It is an exciting time to be part of Aurora and this is a unique career opportunity to make your mark on our growing services. Experience:
Successful candidate are likely to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified Teacher Status with further professional qualification in a relevant area. Candidates with Head Teacher qualification (such as NPQH) or a willingness to gain such a qualification preferred.
- Experience of working as a senior leader within an SEN environment
- A clear understanding of Ofsted frameworks and safeguarding legislation in relation to independent schools.
- Quality assurance experience (such as lesson observations and performance management)
- Team management experience.
- Experience of financial planning and control
- Superb communication and stakeholder management skills