Gilbert Meher have been exclusively mandated by an established care home provider in their search for an Operations Director. We are looking for an experience and successful operator to provide strong and proactive leadership to all staff to ensure the delivery business objectives. You will work closely with the Managing Director to shape and deliver a business plan going forwards to continue the successful business growth experienced to date.
Role: Operations Director
Location: Midlands, East of England & Scotland
Salary: Up to £120k, Company Car, Circa 40% bonus, PMI, Pension Contribution
Industry: Health & Social Care
- Reporting to and supporting the Managing Director in defining and communicating the vision and core purpose to a portfolio of 35 premium care homes.
- Line management of team of Regional Managers, as well as a functional support team to assist with the delivery of business objectives
- Drive and promote a strong person-centred ethos of achieving the highest standards of care.
- Effectively and efficiently manage human and financial resources to achieve all financial and commercial objectives.
- Identify opportunities to improve the financial performance across the portfolio.
- Identify and proactively manage all areas of identified operational risk.
- Work closely with Local Authorities on matters relating to regulations, contracts and the local provision required for residential, nursing and dementia beds.
- Maintain positive relationships with regulatory and legislative bodies ensuring compliance with their requirements and represent the company in a professional manner.
- Experience working at a regional level within a multi-site provider and managing a variety of staff and services over a wide geographical area.
- Strong commercial acumen and knowledge of the current health and social care market.
- A clinical or professional healthcare background.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering significant and high levels of financial performance while managing the maintain and improve quality service standards
- Ability to maintain relationships with statutory authorities with experience of presenting or representing the company in external meetings.
- Experience of leading, motivating and supporting teams to meet and exceed standards
- Ability to anticipate future trends and consequences and identify how this relates to the company’s strategies and plans.
This role is part of the organisation’s succession plan, so applications from ambitious, career focussed individuals are welcomed.
Gilbert Meher Search & Selection
Our approach is all about relationship building. We care about our Clients, Candidates and Employees. We are honest in our approach and we believe this is the only way to build strong lasting relationships. Gilbert Meher's unique way of working combines a personalised tailored service with a foundation in Client and Customer Service. Our in-depth market sector knowledge and focused commitment to integrity and discretion enables us to deliver innovative placements that meet the needs of both Client and Candidate.