My client is is one of the UK’s leading providers of support for people with learning disabilities, autism and associated complex needs. They are dedicated to empowering individuals, enabling them to develop skills for life and healthy relationships, as well as supporting them to boost their confidence and self-esteem. Job Purpose
The manager takes overall responsibility for all aspects of the running of the service which includes:
- Registration as the manager with the relevant regulator (CQC) and compliance with all legislation and standards.
- Ensure that the staff team enable the people we support to lead a valued and fulfilling life and to maximise their rights as members of the local community.
- Maximise the potential ability of all individuals, physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially, whilst working in accordance with the company’s philosophy of care and values, policies and procedures.
- Leadership and management of the staff team, to ensure a high quality service is maintained.
The Registered Manager will be in charge of a 24-hour residential service supporting adults aged 18 – 45 with autism spectrum conditions, moderate to severe learning disabilities, mental health issues, complex needs including behaviours that may challenge, restricted mobility and epilepsy.
The service provides a tailored service to each individual based on their assessed needs and care plan.
The home offers a structured approach with various formats of communication and pictorial systems in place.
The ultimate goal is to maintain and increase levels of independence and essential life skills.
Staff are specially trained in providing proactive strategies to help each person manage day to day situations and to achieve their set goals. Main Responsibilities
- To take responsibility as the person-in-charge for the day-to-day running of the home.
- To promote a supportive and enabling environment for people we support through modelling the high standards of professional practice which are conducive to their physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual well-being.
- To lead, manage, supervise and support a team of staff providing residential and supported living care services to adults with Autism.
- To ensure that each person we support receives the care and support that is appropriate to his or her assessed individual needs.
- To comply with the requirements of the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 as are applicable to the people we support provided for at the home, and to support the staff team to prepare for internal and external inspections of the home as required by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- To successfully pass CQC’s Fit Persons Interview and maintain the Registered Manager position.
- To be an active role model in your approach to your work and also lead by example; demonstrating adaptability and flexibility to cover shift shortfalls where required, including weekday, weekend and sleep in shifts.
- To work in line with and develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for that of yourself and your staff team.
- Maintain own Continuous Personal Development and keep knowledge up to date of legislative changes.
- To attend and participate in regional monthly management meetings.
- Adhere to the company code of conduct and be a positive ambassador for the company at all times.
- Work positively in partnership with all other departments.
- ESSENTIAL - experience as a registered manager
- ESSENTIAL - full UK driving licence