Gilbert Meher are working with a brilliantly run organisation who provide specialist care for individuals with complex learning disabilities. They have an exceptional reputation in the region and are looking for a strong Manager to oversee and strive for Outstanding in one of their services supporting individuals part of the Transforming Care Agenda. This is also a brand-new service, so it is seen as a great opportunity to build your own culture and run a service how you feel it should be run.
This role is an excellent opportunity for those looking for the next step in their career. Having the sole responsibility for one service, this role provides you with the opportunity to mentor the experienced and friendly staff. Many of the senior management team started as a service manager with this company, so the opportunity for progression is very real.Key Responsibilities:
- Lead, supervise and motivate your team to ensure the highest quality of care and support.
- Report into and work with the area manager in your region to ensure that the high standards are maintained
- Support individuals within the service along with maintaining positive relationships with the families
- Work alongside the strong deputy manager and senior members of staff within the service to ensure that the home is managed in the most efficient way possible
- Proven experience in a managerial role working with learning disabilities
- Strong knowledge of CQC regulatory standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Extensive experience of working with individuals with learning disabilities
- Experience working in with Transforming Care preferred
- NVQ Level 5 in Health and Social Care preferred