Gilbert Meher are exclusively partnered with a pioneering diagnostics company who are developing transformative genomics-based solutions for Infectious Disease Testing. As they expand their R&D efforts, they are seeking a Senior Scientist to join a collaborative Assay Development team working towards the development of core company technologies.
Reporting directly to the VP R&D, the incumbent will become an integral member of the R&D team, leading design, development, execution and implementation of both research and validation projects within the clinical diagnostic and NGS research environment.
The ideal candidate will be based in the San Jose region or willing to relocate. They will be able to demonstrate previous NGS assay development experience, with Infectious Disease experience a plus.
- Develop a robust pipeline of NGS, Infectious Disease assays through end-to-end R&D activities.
- Use experience to identify, generate and evaluate new methods and technologies to expand the company’s NGS Platform.
- Design and execute experiments to ensure efficient and compliant working.
- Design, optimise and verify NGS automation protocols and methodology.
- Lead end-to-end product development processes including transfer to manufacturing.
- Write and review the relevant protocols and reporting structures required for regulated product development processes.
- Support with design and implementation of clinical and analytical validation studies.
- Perform elements of leadership responsibility including cross-functional project leadership (timeline projection, workflow management, priority management etc.)
- Follow and contribute to GLPs and SOPs to maintain compliance.
- MSc or PhD educated in Microbiology, Genetics or related subject.
- >5 years’ industrial diagnostic assay development experience
- Proven track-record of developing NGS assays in a regulated environment an absolute requirement, with experience developing on Illumina platforms strongly preferred.
- Experience with liquid handling/automation technology an advantage.
- Nanogenomics experience preferred.
- Experience developing assays for Infectious Disease applications an advantage, but other disease areas also considered.
- Strong background in developing molecular assays under design control, leading on troubleshooting and optimisation activities.
- Motivated to join a rapidly growing team and company.