An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Speech & Language Therapist to join a specialist independent healthcare company.
My client specialises in providing supported living and residential care homes for adults with learning disabilities combined with a secondary diagnosis such as an autistic spectrum disorder or mental health conditions. They work in partnership with the NHS and Local Authorities, developing high quality, trusted services where they are needed. Their outcomes speak for themselves - they have built an enviable track record of enabling those in care to not only progress but truly flourish and live a fulfilling and happy life.
As part of the role, you will:
- Be responsible for the delivery of effective Speech and Language Therapy services for vulnerable adults residing in community rehabilitation units, residential and supported living services who present with learning disabilities and complex needs.
- Contribute to the high standards of person centred care provided within the compnay. Utilising Speech and Language Therapy skills to effectively assess, treat and provide on-going evaluation and support of clients
- Assist Clinical Lead SLT in delivering training programmes to MDT in order to ensure competency in working with patients who have communication and or swallowing difficulties
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as an autonomous professional according to the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy Code of Ethics and Professional Conduc’ and the Health Professions Council Regulations
It is essential that you:
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience as a Speech & Language Therapist
- Have a full, clean UK Driving Licence - you will be covering a number of different sites across North London
- Are registered with HCPC
- Have a recognised Speech & Language Therapy degree or equivalent
If you would like more information on the role, please submit your CV.