Gilbert Meher is working closely with an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
As part of their growth strategy; the are delighted to be opening a brand new Secondary ASC mixed school in September 2021 in Surrey
with a proposed capacity of 40 pupils.
The group are currently looking for a Headteacher
to join them in Easter 2021 to take the lead in the creation, opening and running of another successful ASC provisions in the Surrey area. The role:
The building is currently a shell; so you’ll be expected to play a key role in the design, look and feel of the school to ensure it fulfils its potential of an amazing learning environment with the facilities to allow students to access a varied curriculum in a calm and nurturing environment with a team that strives to give every student the confidence and opportunities to achieve.
Like all Headteacher roles; you will ultimately be accountable for all areas of operational and educational performance within the School, as well as the financial performance and management of education and support staff.
Unlike most Headteacher roles; you will you will be instrumental in the recruitment of your entire team (who all need to be in place by September 2021) and the design and implementation of a brand new curriculum.
The plan is to divide the building into 8 classrooms with the capacity for 5 student in each, (40 pupils in total). This will enable us to create curriculum areas for D&T, Science, cookery, ICT and art. The building will have a new playground to the rear and parking for 15 cars.
To achieve in this role you will be someone who inspires creativity and collaboration, a strong leader and a passionate advocate for your students, finding ways to deliver educational outcomes that make a real difference to them. Experience:
Successful candidate are likely to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified Teacher Status with further professional qualification in a relevant area. Candidates with Head Teacher qualification (such as NPQH) or a willingness to gain such a qualification preferred.
- Experience of working as a senior leader within an SEN environment
- A clear understanding of Ofsted frameworks and safeguarding legislation in relation to independent schools.
- Quality assurance experience (such as lesson observations and performance management)
- Team management experience.
- Experience of financial planning and control
- Superb communication and stakeholder management skills