Our client is a CQC registered provider offering publicly funded specialist mental health supported residential placements to the NHS and Local Authorities across the North West of England.
They mainly work with young people and young adults aged 16-30 with significant mental health difficulties.
These young people or adults are often leaving the hospital or secure care and require a higher level of support on discharge than other services can provide.
As Registered Manager you will be responsible for the operational day-to-day management of the service ensuring continued compliance with relevant legislation.
Working in partnership with colleagues in the senior management team, you will ensure the provision of a high quality service enabling individual needs and organisational priorities to be met in accordance with available resources.
Your duties will include:
- Managing budgets, ensuring that costs are controlled and that the home is profitable
- Ensuring compliance with regulations
- Working with regulatory bodies and local placing authorities
- Conducting pre-admission assessments and completing costings for prospective admissions
- Creating and developing strong relationships – internal and external
- Leading and motivating your team
- Dealing with recruitment, employee relations and other people related issues
- Facilitating and co-ordinating staff training and development, conducting appraisals and supervisions
Essential qualifications / attributes:
- Experience as a Registered Manager is essential
- Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3 qualifiaction is essential
- Level 5 qualification in management or health and social care is desirable - you must be willing to work towards this if you don't already hold it
- Essential that you have an excellent understanding of mental health and the issues young people face
If you have any questions, please email me on Joe.White@gilbertmeher.com